Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brayden's 7th Birthday Sleepover

It seems that when my kids have their birthdays, its a party that lasts for at least a week. You have a friends party, a family party, a school party, and then go to Toys R Us to spend the money they received.

Brayden had an all boys Lego Sleepover. I didn't really know how to host a lego birthday party and they don't sell Lego party supplies- trust me, I looked. I made my invitations look like a lego brick. Attempted to make a Lego brick cake and set Brayden's massive tub of Legos in the middle of the family room. The boys dumped it out and built for hours! Brayden opened his gifts which were almost evenly divided into Star Wars toys and Bionicles. The boys took turns playing with the new toys. I overheard my nephew Cody ask to have a toy from another boy- who said no. Then Cody responded by saying, "I'm going to follow you around until you give it up!" And he did!


We then had movie night. I'd rented a few movies for the occasion but hadn't put much thought into what the boys were and were not allowed to watch at home. One kid wasn't allowed to see the Harry Potter movies, one wasn't allowed to see GI Joe. That was 2 out of the 3 movies I'd rented. Luckily none of them had see Bionicle all the way through. I put out the boys sleeping bags and they watched Bionicle, Duplo Pirates, Nine, (which was too scary to fall asleep during) and Holes (which put the last 3 asleep at around 2 am). Of course I didn't feel like I could fall asleep until I knew they were out cold and the tv was off. I'm going to have to get over that...


All in all, it went really well. Most of the boys got grouchy an hour before their parents came to pick them up- but that just means they had a Really good time. It was most of their first friend sleepovers.

Other things I heard the boys say that I thought was funny-
Grant to me after I brought him a bowl of cereal- "I don't like milk in my cereal."
Caleb said to Brayden, "...for that guy you are building for me." Brayden- "I'm not building him for you. Build your own!"










Brayden's birthday is on Valentine's Day. His sleepover was Friday to Saturday then we did another little family party on Sunday. Grandma Peterson gave Brayden some new pants because he is always tearing his jeans in the knees! Yes, he is goofy!







3 comments:

  1. awesome.. Aviry had a great time.. thanks..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Brayden had a great birthday. Glad the sleepover went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave and amazing Mom. The fact that no one wanted to go home at two o'clock was a very good sign a of a great party. I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete