Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Ode to My House

Dearest house … I really like you and will miss you…

Thanks for hosting parties, housing my babies when they were little, keeping the elements off of our heads, giving us someplace to feel safe and the opportunity to play and be silly. I love the dirt in the front yard. Flowers grow their like they were meant to.

..but here are a few things I didn’t like so you have time to improve before someone else moves in..

-master bath tub is too long for normal shower curtain rods so had to make my own- fell on my head a few times- ouch! -Weird cracked window –inside panel only with gross condensation build up between panels. -pretty sure a few lights have shorts because all the light bulbs magically go out at the same time every few months (esp. if a door gets slammed- which happens frequently with 2 little ones). -The trees need to grow bigger so the neighborhood kids stop pulling them down. Hated how my quakie died last year. –The time I tried to open the front door and the handle fell off on the other side of the door trapping me in the house. Now there are different locks on the front door vs the garage. –The way the magic Gnomes always undid the wiring for the sprinkler system so I’d have to strip and rewire it Every year. -The piece of siding that came off the house and I can’t find where it goes.. lol.. -Dirt in the backyard won't grow anything! The garden was always a bust!

2 comments:

  1. I love my house in Philly - I would miss it if it were to be sold..... I would definitely do an official goodbye party if I were you - especially to help with closure for the kids...

    ReplyDelete