Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brayden is the Best!





Sometimes Brayden says something that will surprise me. This week it was, "Thanks mom, I really needed that." There are times when he shocks me with his maturity and it makes me so happy.

I'll start at the beginning. Monday I wasn't feeling well, I slept almost all day! When Brayden got home from school I asked him to go get me a snack because I hadn't had anything to eat. He brought me crackers, a drink and apple sauce. I love that he brought me just what I would have brought him had he been sick. He played ponies with Hailey and changed the DVDs when they ended.

Tuesday Brayden woke up and didn't want to go to school. He was whiny and sad but I made him go anyway. Hailey was at a play date so I showed up at Braydens school just before lunch time and checked him out (like a library book). I let him pick where we went to lunch. We went to a pizza place we hadn't been to before- not realizing that it wasn't a sit down restaurant. They didn't have anything to drink but 2 liter bottles and no cups. So we went next door to Beans and Brew and got Italian Cream Sodas, Yum! We enjoyed our lunch at an outside table basking in the sun! It was sooo nice outside! I was hoping I would get crispy but it was only 55' so that didn't happen. After we ate, we went toy shopping! On the way back to school he said to me, "Thanks mom, I really needed that." I looked at him a little shocked. Did he really just say that!?! How old are you again? 7 going on 13?

I appreciate what a nice kid he is. He's a really great brother (most of the time). We were outside playing yesterday and Hailey fell off her scooter and cut her finger. I scooped her up and brought her in the house to bandage her wound and Brayden put all the toys back in the garage and came in the house. He got her a Popsicle and had to check on her. He's very sincere. Love you Brayden!

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about moments like these so much! In this pictures I also can't believe how much he has grown! It is unbelievable! They are so adorable! Keep the cute stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree... he's a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the stories - keep on writing about the good stuff - helps your perspective. And what a fun lunch date!

    ReplyDelete